What we have AVAILABLE:
SOON TO BE DOUBLED
SPECIMEN CARP LAKE
Here at Bulldog Fishery, we have more than 30 years experience in the trout industry. Although, mainly providing a restocking service in the past, we now focus more on our own fishery. At present we have a 1 acre Fly Lake, stocked with some of the hardest fighting trout the UK has to offer. This year, plans are currently being put into place to combine two existing lakes in to one, at our premise. Our current fly lake will transform this summer into a sizable 2 acre lake.
The fly lake holds a healthy number of Rainbow and Brown trout. These fish average 2- 5 lb amongst a smaller quantity of double figure specimens, with the current lake record being a 16 lb Brown Trout.
With the upcoming expansion plans of the lake and the marvellous stock we are rearing for the future, we have a strong feeling that Bulldogs Fly Fishery will soon become one of the most popular and enjoyable Fishing Experiences in North Devon.
At a glance:
- Stunning Valley Scenery
- Lake Expansion 1 Acre to 2 Acre Summer 2023
- Stocking fish from 2 lb to approx. 16 lbs
- Rainbow and Brown Trout
- Open 7:30am - 7:30pm
Please note: Before booking please familiarise yourself with our 'Lakeside Rules' tab. Rules put in place to keep our anglers and fish safe & happy.
Our Specimen Carp Lake
Located on our peaceful fishery in North Devon, maximum effort has been put into building what we believe is the perfect Carp Lake.
At a glance:
Standing at 2.5 acres, the lake was built from scratch in March 2022. During construction a number of features were assembled, these include:
- Protruding banks to section off areas
- A shallow bar (great on hot days)
- Deep pits (fantastic for winter sessions)
- Pathways and swims being gravel laid on membrane (this has resulted in our carp lake being kept free from mud in all weather conditions)
- A total of 10 swims (evenly spaced along the banks, we allow a maximum of 8 anglers to fish at any one time - This ensures for plenty of room for everyone, with space to move if wished.)
- The spacious swims are made up of gravel laid on membrane enclosed by our unique concrete cast railway sleepers, with extended decking out the front.
- There are 8 single swims and 1 double swim available
- A 'Social Hut' is available (This hut is a great meeting place for groups of anglers, that have exclusively booked the lake. A place to escape the sun on those blistering hot days, or to huddle up on those chilly winter nights. This hut is perfect for the socials all year around and a splendid place to rise to the challenge when taking on the famous 'Bulldog Belly Buster' Breakfast. - See 'Lakeside Food' tab for more info.)
In total we have stocked 126 Carp in this Lake. At present the average size is 18-22 lb and growing, alongside these fish are a healthy number of 20 lb +, with the lake record standing at 33 lb (24.12.22). We are confident all anglers will be delighted when landing some of our magnificent, hand picked fish. In addition to these carp, are a handful of bream, 10 of which are 9-13.5lb!
No expense was spared during the construction of this lake. Everything from the lake layout ,to stock, to swims, pathways and even the vegetation surrounding the lake has been chosen with the upmost care and attention. We are extremely excited to see what the future holds.